Month 1 – Day 0
Today is my first day of my 6-month strict journey to dev. I have been procrastinating this for 3rd year now. And I feel like I am on that it’s now or never stage. I just celebrated my 5th year in my company, and I badly need to switch to something more technical in my 6th year if I can. I am having my 3 month sabbatical leave in March 2023, so I think this is the best time. To have that extra 3 months of free time is a luxury to learn.
In the next 6 months, I wanted to discipline myself and really focus on my learnings and practice. Therefore, no distractions. Here are my action plans in the next 6 months from today:
- No social media. I am to delete everything and no checking of any social media in the next 6 months.
- No watching of new TV series, nor movies. If I can no TV at all.
- No travel, except for work-related.
- No eating out, except for work-related and immediate family celebrations.
- No socialization! I hope no long staying visitors in the house in the next 6 months. But if I can’t hellp it, I need to isolate myself.
- Read at least 2 books on self-development.
- Complete online courses. I goal to complete the following:
- Coursera’s Meta Front-End Developer Professional Certificate, Communication Skills for Engineers Specialization, and Python for Everybody Specialization
- Scrimba’s Frontend Developer course
- EDX CS50, and Computational Thinking with Data Science
- Practice! Practice!
- Build my GH page full of small projects.
- By April – think and work on 2-3 major projects I can present.
- Learn from people in Discord!
- Don’t stick on reading, understand before I move on.
- Journal everything I accomplish by end of day.
This sounds overwhelming to me. I started my dev journey and most of the time, I have to read things over and over.
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” (Proverbs 3:5, 6).
Leave a Reply